Thursday, August 21, 2008

See Monkey, Do Monkey...

i'm furiously curious abt a number of Important Thinks, and so I do not have much time to discuss about this little incident (including video).


I am of course concerned for the monkey, and I hope he is all right. that net idea was silly, and no self-respecting monkey would have been trapped in that manner... but, if he had accidentally gotten himself enmeshed, what would that mob have done to him? "oh, now we have caught this monkey! he is our captive, and we are victorious!! let us... umm... now lets... uh... lets go meddle in some other hapless animal's life now!!!!" mobs tend to grow their exclamation points like that, and i don't think it would have ended well. so i think he made the sensible choice, leaving when he did.

the media coverage is also a concern, however. the monkey is variously described a "rogue", "wild" and other such. i think these words are prejudicial. i myself would have preferred "noble", or "brave", or somethink along those lines. or perhaps they could have done some actual factchecking, and called him by his name? no. one headline went so far as to claim "Wild monkey causes chaos on Tokyo metro"... humpmph! it's the goddam media caused the chaos!! that monkey was probably just looking for a free wifi connection and a decent cup of coffee like everyone else. i hope he found it.

anyway. these are my concerns, my feelings on the matter. now, i must get back to my work.

more later
mr. eddie

2 comments:

KristenD said...

Mr Eddie, you sagacious wit is needed here. I went off to find some well, "feel good" information on monkeys for you and found myself at a blog that had a thoughtful article about the superiority of monkeys when it comes to certain mathematical computations. And yet, on the very same blog I also discovered a difficult finding about "black hole bullies": black holes that seemingly punch other galaxies in the nose with needless amounts of radiation and direct death ray blasts for no good reason. Is this accurate, is this....fair?

KristenD said...

Oh yess, heres the link, I forgot


http://hisnibs.blogspot.com/2007_12_01_archive.html,